Charm and history become as much a part of an old house as the stone, brick, or wood from which it is built. One such house is the C.E. Dinehart residence of Slayton, built in 1891, the same year as the original Murray County courthouse.
Following the death of Judge John Holt in 1994, the house and many of the furnishings were sold at an estate sale. The house was put up for sale again in 2007 and purchased by Murray County to be used as a Historic House Museum. The essential character of the house remains and provides visitors with a glimpse into the early days of Slayton and Murray County.